Hello Guys,Welcome to The Updates World.Today In this article we are going to talk about Voter ID Card.
What is Voter Id Card ?
Voter Id Card is an Indian Identity card issued by the election commission of India to those whose age is more than 18 or 18.It is also known as Election Card and Voting Card.
An Indian voter ID card is a government-issued identification card that serves as an official proof of identity for Indian citizens while voting in the country’s municipal elections. It also serves as a general identity, address, age proof, and means of identification for other purposes such as purchasing a SIM card or applying for passports.
It also serves as an identity card for traveling to Nepal and Bhutan. It is also known as the Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPI). It was first introduced in 1993.
Structure of Voter ID Card
It contains 10 Alphanumberic Characters.In starting 3 Characters are alphabet and others 7 are Numbers.Initially, voter IDs used black ink on regular paper, and then they were laminated.
Starting in 2015, India began rolling out a less perishable ration.On the front, an Electoral Photo Identity Card contains the name of the voter, the name of a person who has been designated by the voter as his/her representative, and the voter’s photo, along with the voter’s ID number.
On the back of each ballot paper, the voter’s home town is printed, along with the signature of the Electoral Registration Officer who has signed the ballot paper.
The back also mentions their electoral district and their assembly constituencies. The new series also includes a ‘part number’ that allows voters and election officials to identify voters on their electoral roll by part number.
Eligibility Criteria for the creation of Voter ID Card
- Must be an Indian Citizen
- Must be more than 18.
Procedure for the applying for voter id card
There are two ways for applying for Voter ID Card :-
- You can apply from Your Smartphone by using (Voter Helpline) app available on Playstore
- You can apply through Voter Registaration Site
Steps to apply for Voter online
- First of all,You need to create a user ID for registration.
- After Registration,Simply Login Your Account.
- Click on ”New Voter Registration”.
- There is voter mitra which will help you to create your voter id.
- Just Follow voter mitra and fill up all your basics details.
- Submit Your form if you sure that your all entered details are right.
- After submitting Application Form,You will recieve a Refernce number.
- Save the refernce number for the trackment of voter id.
Steps to apply for voter offline
The electroal list appears annually.One must apply for an election by filling out a form 6 and attaching proof of identity, Indian citizenship, age, and residence.Just follow the below steps :-
- Download the offline form 6 from NVSP
- Fill up all Your Peronsal Details,Paste Passport size picutre and sign.
- Cover Your Form in envelope and speed post to nearest ERO and AERO of your constituency.
How to Track Voter ID Card
You can check your voter id status by following the below setps:-
- Go to Nvsp
- Click on ”Track Application Status”
- Enter Your Refrence id and click on Track Status.
Track Voter Status from SMS
You can Track your voter ID status by sending a SMS.
- send ”VOTEHRY(Space)Voter id No. to 9954699899
Also Read This : Introduction About Pan Card
Voter ID Helpline Number :
Toll Free No. : 1950
Toll Free no. is available for lisentening queries and complaints between 10AM to 5PM on all Working Days.
Documents Required for Voter id Card :
Here are some of the key forms that you need to fill out to get a voter ID card. You should ideally carry both copies of the documents (self-attested photocopied) and the original documents for verification purposes.
Usually, the concerned official will check your attested copy against the original documents before accepting your application. The following are some important documents that you need to read before starting.
- Recent Colour Passport Size Photograph.
- Proof of Age : Pan Card,Marksheets,Driving License,etc.Proof of Age: A copy of any one of the following documents: 10th Standard Certificate, birth certificate issued by the municipal corporation, PAN card, Aadhaar card, driving licence, copy of passport, kisan card etc.
- Proof of Address : Passport,Ration Card,Electricity Bill,Bank Passbook.Proof of address (any one of the below) or proof of residency. You may need to provide copies of your passport (both the front and back pages), gas bill (less than three months old), water bill, ration card, bank passbook or statement attested from the bank official along with a photo of yourself in it, Aadhaar card etc.
- Proof of Identity : Proof of identity that includes; driving license, Pan Card, ration card, passport copy, bank passbook with photograph, sslc certificate, student id card, aadhaar card etc.
Today in this article we are talking about Voter card. If you have any doubt regarding this post . Please Comment write below.
Thanking for giving you the most precious time to read this post. If you like the post please share so that many of the people know about the news.